Saturday, June 13, 2009

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

It has been raining for it feels like over 1 week straight. I really like rain and especially the smell of rain. However, it started raining about the time the kids got out of school for summer break. We have been stuck in the house and I am going crazy. Anyway, on one of the days after the storm I was able to capture this rainbow outside our front door. Along with this rain it has brought a little friend to my flower garden out front; that friend would be SLUGS. I am not having much luck getting rid of them since they like dark moist areas which would be my front flower garden. So last night I pulled out some of my ground cover to hopefully shed some light on them and to help the ground dry out. If you have any good slug control solutions please share.

Just a little side note... I really am greatful for the rain we have had. We turned our sprinklers off and our central air off and had not had to use them for over a week. I do feel blessed to be saving money on our utility bills. However, Mr. Sun Sun, Mr. Rolling Sun please shine down on me. I can't wait to go to the outside pool.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

West Valley City, Utah, United States
Wife of Joe ~ Mother of 4 ~ Love... to Clean ~ Decorate ~ Read magazines ~ Paint my toenails ~ Pepsi ~ and spending time with my family.