Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jimmy, Can you see me now???




On Monday I took Mariah and Cayden to the eye doctor. The reason I took Mariah is because she has been complaining about headaches and being dizzy for about 2 weeks or so. I figured I would make sure it wasn't her eyes before I took her into the pediatrician. We found out that Mariah's eyes have improved and she needed a weaker prescription for her eyeglasses which is probably the reason for her headaches and dizziness. So, Mariah was able to pick out a new pair of High School Musical glasses with stars on the sides. I am glad that we figured out what was going on.
Also, we took Cayden because he was in need of a pre-kindergarten eye screening and I figured if I was going for one kid I might as well take two. So Cayden got his eyes dilated which was not fun. They put the drops in the first eye and he started to scream because it burns a little at first. Then they tried to put the drops in the second eye but he was not very willing to open them. Cayden then got his eyes checked and they said that he is far-sighted and has almost the same prescription as Mariah. So, here is our fourth child in glasses. He picked out some cute Jimmy Neutron ones that are brown. He wanted to take them home that day and didn't understand that we had to order them with his prescription and we would get them in a few days. When we got home from the eye doctor he informed me that he no longer liked his name and that his new name was Jimmy Neutron (because of the glasses). So we have a new kid in our house.
We went and picked up his glasses last night and he sure looks cute. When he put them on he said, "I can definitely see now". I am sure grateful that we have insurance to help cover these expenses because we would go broke between glasses and braces.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

West Valley City, Utah, United States
Wife of Joe ~ Mother of 4 ~ Love... to Clean ~ Decorate ~ Read magazines ~ Paint my toenails ~ Pepsi ~ and spending time with my family.